Part one covered using tea, for part two we are going to move to coffee. I have always used tea in the past but some of the results using coffee are really outstanding. Needless to say I am hoping coffee makes it even better.
For this step I pulled out some coffee I had in the cabinet. Honestly I would not use this stuff because we have lived here for five years....and I have never, ever used it. Not sure how old it is. I used two heaping spoonfuls of coffee grounds in hot water (too much really) and then had a pile on a paper plate as well.
Here you can see the reason why I crinkled it up before wetting it. Now the water pooled on the paper. I am hoping this will cause more variations across the paper. I also took the dry grounds and sprinkled them over the paper.
Here are the results. The watercolor paper on the left, the drawing on the right side. One thing I noticed (maybe because my oven was already hot from the tea paper) but the paper was much more dry this time around. The drawing paper curled! Very cool. Again the Vista ink faded (might use that for something I want to be mysterious and fades) and the black Rollerball seems to work perfectly.